By Lauren Mason of Sterilite Corporation
Memorial Day weekend is the official kick-off to summer and cookouts! Whether you’re going to the beach or hosting a backyard barbecue, this homemade mango lemonade is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Mango Lemonade Cooler
Take a look at this tropical twist on a summer staple. This mango lemonade recipe is quick, easy and guaranteed to keep you cool.
• 4 tablespoons agave nectar
• 2 mangos (pre-sliced, pre-packaged mangos will also work)
• 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 cup fresh strawberries
• 3 cups water
1) Melt the agave by placing it in a microwave safe bowl with 1 cup of water. We recommend using Sterilite’s 20 Ounce Bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for 1 minute, or until the mixture has melted. Let cool.
2) Peel and puree the mangos. If you slice the mango lengthwise and widthwise while still in the peel, it makes it easier to remove the pieces (see image below).
3) In Sterilite’s 1 Gallon Round Pitcher, combine the agave mixture, mango puree, strawberries, lemon juice and 2 cups of water.
4) Stir thoroughly until mixed
5) Serve over ice
This drink is the ideal concoction to deliver the cool refreshing sweetness you need after a day of soaking up the sun. Relax, unwind and enjoy a Mango Lemonade Cooler this holiday weekend!