By Shannon Fahey of Sterilite Corporation
Avocados are all the rage recently. From avocado toast to avocado ice cream, people are putting them in everything possible! Everyone knows that the best way to use avocados is for guacamole, no doubt about it. My mom hands down makes the best guacamole. When she brings it to parties, people are in awe of how good it is. I always hear people go around the party asking “Who made the guac?” “What is your recipe?”. She is literally famous - everyone who knows her, knows that her guacamole is the best.
So what’s her secret? I am going to tell you so maybe you can become famous with your friends for the best guacamole too!
Mom’s Chunky Guacamole Ingredients:
• 5 Ripe Avocados
• 1 Tomato
• 1 Clove of Garlic
• ½ Lemon Juice
• ½ Jalapeno Pepper (if you like it spicy)
• Sea Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste
1) Peel and pit the avocados then cut them into small chunks. No need for conformity or mixing.
2) Squeeze ½ of a lemon on the avocados for a little citrus flavor.
3) Cut the tomato into small pieces and then dice the jalapeno. Add to the avocado mixture.
4) Mince the garlic then add to the mixture.
5) Add sea salt and cayenne pepper to taste. The cayenne pepper is a must, it is definitely the secret ingredient of this recipe!
Mix all of the ingredients in the Sterilite Ultra Seal 5.8 Cup food storage container so you are ready to serve. Pair it with your favorite tortilla chips and you are good to go! Now you can bring the guacamole to the party wherever you go and store the leftovers with ease. The chances of leftovers are very slim though. This healthy and delicious snack will be gone in minutes!