By Michaela Coyle of Sterilite Corporation
Who is ready for the jolliest time of the year? I am! One of my favorite ways to get into the holiday spirit is to start decorating the house. This year, I decided to make these adorable snowmen that are perfect décor all winter long. If you love them just as much as I do, then follow along for some simple instructions for this festive DIY project. Those of you with little ones at home, this is a great Christmas craft that they are sure to love.
- Sterilite Set of Three 20 Ounce Bowls and Set of Two 49 Ounce Bowls: I created 2 snowmen using 2 sets of (2) 49-ounce bowls and then 3 sets of (3) 20-ounce bowls. The different sized bowls are used to create larger and smaller snowmen.
- Cotton balls: Approximately 4 small bags or 1 big bag
- Red Fabric (for the scarf)
- Black Felt (for the buttons and hat)
- Orange Felt (just a small piece for the carrot nose)
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun (make sure you have enough glue sticks to glue all of those cotton balls!)
- First, take the Sterilite bowls and glue the rims together to create a sphere shape. These will be the bases of your snowmen.
- Stack (3) sphere’s together to make each snowman. I suggest using the larger sized bowls to make the body and the smaller sized bowls for the head. Using the hot glue gun, secure the (3) sphere’s together and let dry.
- Grab your cotton balls and slightly pull them apart to create a fluffier look. Start gluing them on to the bowls until the snowman is completely covered. Careful not to burn your fingers!
- Next, using the black felt, cut out pieces to create the hat for your snowman. Start with a large circle for the brim of the hat and a small circle for the top of the hat. Next, cut out a rectangle and form it into a cylinder shape for the middle part of the hat. Glue the 3 hat pieces together and secure to the top of the snowman.
- Add the finishing touches to your snowman with the black buttons and mouth, the orange carrot nose, and the festive red scarf. Glue these pieces to their respective areas and you have a perfect snowman decoration!
Pro Tip: Use the Sterilite Stack & Carry 3 Layer Handle Box & Tray to store all of your leftover supplies so you can make this craft for years to come! Everything fit perfectly and the divided tray was great for separating the smaller pieces such as the extra googly eyes.
This DIY snowman craft was quick, easy and a fun way to get into the holiday spirit with friends and family! So what are you waiting for?! Go get your supplies and start creating a snowman of your own!