By Natalie Aguilar of Sterilite Corporation
Get excited, because the best holiday of the year is right around the corner! That’s right, Halloween will be here in a week’s time. There is something about the spookiness of this holiday that I just can’t get enough of. From the haunted houses, to the creepy costumes that come out at night, Halloween brings together adults and kids of all ages – you are never too old to celebrate! But what’s Halloween without a good party, filled with creative costumes, fun decorations, and spooky snacks and beverages?
Last year, my family threw one of the best Halloween parties ever. Our guests were talking about it for months to come! What made the party truly successful were the details we incorporated into it. For example, we decorated the outside of the house with hay bales, cornstalk, beautiful mums, and spooky cobwebs. And we even got the whole family to help decorate!
We went all out with the party snacks, beverages and of course the costumes! If you’re looking to throw the ultimate Halloween party, here are a couple of pro-tips that made ours one to remember:
• Plan Ahead- Know the age of partygoers to make sure your party isn’t too frightening or too boring
• Decorations- Homemade decorations are the best, not only can you personalize them to be as spooky as you want, but they are inexpensive and easy to make!
• Best Costume Awards- Nothing gets the crowd going like some friendly competition. Costume Awards are the perfect way to get all of your friends and family excited to share their costume creations!
The most important part of your planning is to think outside of the box! Show your guests how creative you can be by making the best decorations, snacks and costumes. If you’re looking to host one of the best parties in town, here are a couple of ideas that should spark up some inspiration:
Frightening Fanta Floats
• 2 Liters of Fanta Orange Soda
• 1 tub of Vanilla Ice Cream
• 6-8 Sterilite 20 Ounce Tumblers – decorated with spooky faces
Step 1: Using Sterilite’s Tumblers, fill a quarter of the tumbler with Fanta
Step 2: Next, add in 1 scoops of the vanilla ice cream
Step 3: Lastly, pour in some more Fanta on top until you start to see some bubbled happening
Step 4: Throw in a straw and enjoy!
Frankenstein Bug Juice
• 1 pouch of Green Apple Kool-Aid drink mix
• Sour gummy worms
Step 1: Using Sterilite’s 1 Gallon Pitcher, fill it up with Sprite
Step 2: Next, add in the green apple Kool-Aid Drink mix
Step 3: Mix it all up and enjoy!
Glow Stick Ice Bucket
• Sterilite Ultra∙Seal™ 8.1 Quart Bowl
• Glow stick necklaces
• Juice boxes
• Mini water bottles
Step 1: Attached two Glow Stick necklaces together and place at the base of the bowl, you may want to stack two or three high
Step 2: Add some ice to the base of the bowl
Step 3: As you move up the bowl you will need to attached 3 glow sticks together, stack a few high
Step 4: Next add more ice to the bowl
Step 5: Repeat steps 3 and 4 until bowl is full Step 6: Add waters and juice boxes
With the help of Sterilite, party planning doesn’t have to be stressful! We hope you have a spooktacular Halloween party!