By Sarah Mills of Sterilite Corporation
The fresh feeling of spring is the best kick start for a deep spring clean! But how do you get it all done and still make time to enjoy the new found sunshine? Don’t let the thought of this annual ritual drag you down just as the beautiful weather comes our way.
Saving time starts with an organized selection of cleaning products. If you are like me, you have tried every cleaning product out there before stumbling across your favorites. Keep your go-to cleaners in a cleaning caddy. They fit nicely under a sink and provide a grab and go solution when you find the time to get some housework done. Sterilite’s Divided Ultra™ Caddy works great for keeping cleaning products, gloves and rags organized all in the same place.
The easiest way to tackle it all is by setting a schedule you know you can stick to. Split up all of the chores and get the entire family involved. Set aside ten to twenty minutes a day and commit to attacking one task each day. Below is a list of quick chores that can get you going on the road to glistening countertops and sparkling floors!
12 Chores in 10 Minutes!
- Clean the blades on the ceiling fans
- Clean blinds with warm water and a light detergent
- Throw out expired cosmetics, beauty supplies and medications
- Wipe down the walls in one room each day. Use warm soap and water and let the walls air dry
- Maintain shower, sink and toilet drains
- Launder or dry- clean winter bedding and store away in moisture resistant storage boxes
- Shine and protect wood furniture
- Donate unwanted games, toys and electronics
- Wash inside of windowsills and clean windows with a streak free cleaner
- Clean out fireplace for the season
- Clean and vacuum dryer vents
- Organize one closet a day, and throw away or donate unwanted items
Make your punch list and start checking items off. These quick cleaning tips will have you feeling accomplished and keep you motivated to get the whole house spotless before summer time. What cleaning tips do you have? Be sure to visit us on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest to share your cleaning tips. Use the hashtag #steriliteclean so we can check out your great cleaning ideas!