By Tori Lind of Sterilite Corporation
It is officially my favorite time of year. I love the cooler days, snuggling up on the couch to watch scary movies and of course, the decorations. I wanted to switch up my front porch décor and decided to do some fun and easy DIYs. This is what I came up with!
The first idea was a cute pot to put a Mum in and I figured I would spice it up a bit (haha get it). Here’s what you’ll need:
- A Pail: I used the Sterilite 12 Quart Spout Pail
- Paint: any color, I chose white because it matched my house the best
- Ribbon: I had some laying around the house but you could buy from your local craft store or Amazon
- Hot glue gun
- A Mum: make sure it can fit in your pail
First, I painted the pail and waited for it to dry. Once that was all set, I measured how much ribbon I needed and the design I was going for. Getting help from a friend, we slowly and carefully put hot glue on the pail and put the ribbon in the desired place. The last step was putting the Mum inside and make it look pretty. I loved how this came out and will definitely be making more!
The next DIY is my favorite. Plus, it’s a great way to showcase your amazing pumpkin craving skills! Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 crates: I used the Sterilite File Crate and chose to keep them black - but these can also be painted if you'd like
- Some fall greenery: I bought fake ones from my local craft store but you could also use real leaves and such from your yard
- Hot glue gun
- Pumpkins: size and color doesn’t matter
I first stacked the two crates on top of each other and decided where to I wanted put some greenery. I ahered the bunches of leaves on each corner with hot glue and the rest was put into the holes of the crates. Super easy! In the crates, I put craved pumpkins and covered with a spooky spider web fabric. This worked out great for adding some height to my doorstep while showing off my pumpkin craving skills.